The 30 Song Challenge!



Hey!  So I was reading the blog of my good friend Lanie, and she recently did this challenge for the second time.  I read it and thought, Hey.  I want to show off my music taste to the world!  So that's what I'm doing today.  
I'm going to do what she did and bold songs that are explicit.
Just like that ^ (I'm trying to point to explicit but I kinda failed)
Now lets do thisss

Your favorite song
Rose Colored Boy by Paramore
Lanie actually recommended me the entire album this is from, I listened to the first few songs, and instantly loved this one.  Plus its actually in my vocal range.  

Your least favorite song
Lusus Naturae from the RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack
This song gives me the creeps, plus it isn't actually about anything from RWBY, its about something from RWBY Grimm Eclipse, a game that isn't even canon (or at least most people think it isn't)

A song that makes you happy
Bad at Love by Halsey
So I actually can sing all of this song, but its also one of my favorites from Halsey.  I like her older stuff as well as her newer stuff, but this is just a great song.  I put this here instead of the "Knowing all the words" question, because I wanted to include a Hamilton song as well XD

A song that makes you sad
Words Fail from Dear Evan Hansen
This song is probably the saddest in the musical, at least for me it is.  Its basically Evan admitting everything that happened in the musical was a lie, a lie that he created and wanted to have, but its his apology at the same time. 

A song that reminds you of someone
I'm a Ruin by Marina and the Diamonds
Marina is one of my all time favorite solo artists ever.  This song reminds me of my friend Maddison. 

A song that reminds you of somewhere
Twin Skeleton's (Hotel in NYC) by Fall Out Boy
I bet you can guess where this reminds me of.
YES!  It reminds me of a room in a hotel in New York City.  Well, more specifically, a tour bus driving out of New York City to the airport at 4:30 in the morning.  We were on our school Choir Trip, for context.
My friend Genevieve and I were listening to music together, and this song came on.  We both thought it was pretty ironic.

A song that reminds you of a certain event 
Blue by Marina and the Diamonds
This reminds me of one night when I was walking to my grandmother's house from community theatre, it was our final performance, and she lives just across the street from the theatre.  I had this song stuck in my head and I was singing it.  That's it, it just reminds me of that.  Nothing too special XD

A song you know all the words to
The Room Where It Happened from Hamilton
So... yeah I'm Hamilton trash, but basically I can play this song on the violin as well as sing it all.  Its just so jazzy and fun!

A song you can dance to 
I'm a Mess by Bebe Rhexa
I just really like dancing to this song, that's kinda all there is to it.  Anyway, next question!

A song that makes you fall asleep
Gavi's Song by Lindsey Stirling
This is a slow song, and completely acoustic, without any words.  It has a very peaceful aura, and I tend to get sleepier while listening to it.

A song from your favorite band
King of the Clouds by Panic! At the Disco
I really like this song, as well as this entire album.  I don't exactly know what else to say.  Next question!

A song from your least favorite band
I don't really have a least favorite band, so I can't really answer this one.

A song that no one would expect you to love
Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer
My sister and I have this system of taking turns playing whatever songs we want when we're driving places, and I played this.  She actually said, "Sof, this doesn't sound like something you'd like at all."  And I was like, "Well I do, you thought I was going to play show tunes, didn't you?"
True story.

A song that describes you
Young by The Chainsmokers
I relate to the lines, "We were so young when we thought we knew how to love," and "Don't worry my love, we're learning to love but its hard when you're young."  So more sappy love stuff XD
I don't really know what else to talk about with this song.

A song you used to love but now you hate
I can't really think of one, so I'll skip this.

A song you often hear on the radio
No Tears Left to Cry by Ariana Grande
I'm honestly sick of how many times I've heard this song being played.  And my sister plays it non stop as well.

A song you wish you heard on the radio
Honestly, any one of the musicals I love.  Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, Hamilton, Be More Chill, Falsettos, etc.

A song from your favorite album
Are You Satisfied by Marina and the Diamonds
This is from her album Family Jewels, but I really love all of her albums all together.

A song you listen to when you're angry
I Burn from the RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack
It just gets me out of my mood, its a really good song.  It perfectly describes the character it was made about, Yang, who's semblance actually circulates around having anger outbursts.  (A semblance is like a passive power)

A song you listen to when you're happy
Sexy from the Mean Girls Musical
I honestly love how fun this song is, how hilarious Karen Smith is during it.  She just goes on these rants about different things she can turn into sexy costumes.  "I give you Sexy Corn."  Its just hilarious.

A song you listen to when you're sad
Sippy Cup by Melanie Martinez
Uhh I don't know how else to explain this song and why I listen to it.  Sorry!

A song you want to play at your wedding
Boop (More specifically the Acoustic version) from the RWBY Volume 2 and 4 soundtracks.
Boop is from Volume 2 but Boom (Acoustic) is from Volume 4.
This song is the love song of Nora, about her feelings for another character, Ren.  Its just a super sweet song, and I really love it.

A song you want to play at your funeral
Last Hope by Paramore
Mainly the lyric "Its just a spark but its enough to keep me going, and in the dark when nobody's around it keeps glowing."
I feel like when I die, that's the mindset I want my friends and family to have.  I want to be remembered most of all.  I want my spark of my accomplishments to keep my friends and family happy that I died a fulfilling life, so that even when nobody cries over me anymore, I'll still glow and be remembered.  That I'll make others happy by not being there, like with my writing.
(At least I didn't pick You Gotta Die Sometime from Falsettos.   Now that's just morbid for a funeral)

A song that makes you laugh
A Day in Falsettoland from Falsettos
(Warning this song is 7 minutes long)
This song just makes me laugh, I think the funniest part are the lines "How was your day at the Hospital." "It was wonderful, for the first time in months, nobody died!"

A song you can play on an instrument
Think of Me from Phantom of the Opera
Its such a pretty song, Opera so I don't sing it casually, but I love playing it on the violin.

A song you wish you could play
Holding to the Ground from Falsettos
I love this song, I sing it casually all the time, I just wish I could play it on the violin.

A song in a foreign language you like
Bye Bye Yesterday from Assassination Classroom
This is the opening song for the final season (or at least the second part of the final season) of Assassination Classroom, an anime I really love.

A song from your childhood
Same Ol' River by Sam Bush
This was my favorite song when I was really little  I don't know how old I was, but my dad always played Blue Grass, and I always loved this song.

Your favorite song this time last year
I honestly can't remember at all what my favorite song was from last year.  So I'll skip this one.

Those were all the questions that Lanie had, but I'm going to add one more

A song that reminds you of a character
Angel on Fire by Halsey
Not only do I love this song, but it reminds me of a character of mine named Sage Gyers.  She actually has two codenames in the story that she's from (superhero codenames):  Toxic and Chameleon.  I'm not going to explain a lot more, because it would take forever to, but I will say she has the ability to control poisons and toxins, and her hair changes colors based on her emotions as a side affect of that ability.

Since I skipped some of the questions, I'll add some of my favorite songs that I ran out of space/questions to add.  I really like these songs, and would recommend them.

Misery Business by Paramore
I'd Rather Be Me from the Mean Girls musical
Candy Store from the Heathers musical
How to Be A Heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds
Novocaine by Fall Out Boy

That's it for this post!  Bye!




Comments