S.T.R.E.S.S + Nanowrimo



Its simple.  I've had more stress in the last week than in the rest of my life.  Thanks school.
At my school, we don't take midterms (at least not in my grade).  But we did have a bunch of final projects due.  And a bunch of math homework.  Monologues to memorize and reviews to write.  Nights staying up way past lights out trying to squeeze in that little extra work.  Reading a book you don't understand.  And the ever looming thought of my Spanish project on Los Reyes Magos due at the end of break.  As well as another critical analysis paper.  And the second half of my science paper.   And a math exam on a section I do not understand.  

Yeah did I mention life sucks right now?

Soooo I'm writing a blog post about it.  I haven't had time to write in what feels like forever even though its just been a few days.  

I also had a choir concert tonight, that was fun.  Pandy (my sister) is now taller than me, wears more makeup than me, is all around just more fabulous, and she's younger.  

But hey I have my new Paramore and Panic! at the Disco tee-shirts to fuel me.

So Nanowrimo happened a last month.  That was fun, and very stressful.  I made my goal IM SO HAPPY AND I DIDN'T CHEAT!!! Because I cheated over the summer.  WHY PAST ME WHY!??!?!

I'll put some snippets in of my favorite scenes from Realmbreaker, my main project:

She hit the ground.  A huge rumble and crack filled the air, filling all sound with the horrible sound of breaking ground.  She looked below her.  The impact had caused a crater in the ground, almost as if a tree was uprooted and its holes were left unfilled.  She stood up in a running position quickly, and grabbed the satchel with one hand.  She sprinted as fast as she could down the road, not caring what vehicles came at her.  She jumped on top of one, and began hopping vehicle to vehicle, down the packed streets.  The force was catching up to her now, with men on foot, in vehicles, she even saw one in an air vessel.  She was running and hopping as fast as she could, but would it be enough?  It seemed highly unlikely that she wouldn’t have to pull another trick.  I should've stayed to look, she thought.  They always told me not to admire the flawed worlds, and look where it got me now.  I could’ve been gone already.

I'm sorry if the italics make it hard to read.

Dara gave him a look, and slowly, non-threateningly, removed a pillow from the couch.  Holding it in her hand, she looked at it, and back to Amore.  His eyes widened in fear, and he held up his hands, “No…. No Dara we’ve been through this.  Come on, we’re friends!  Dara, dara no.. no.. NO.. NO DARA HAVE MERCY!” but it was too late.  
The pillow was slapped across his face, sending his head backwards.  Amore fell down, falling on his back, limbs spread dramatically across the couch.
“Oh come on!” Dara said.
“I can’t, I’m dead.  You killed me.  You ruined my perfect beauty, my coolness.  Oh how will the world go on without me?  As I, Amore, prodigy cadet of our realm, dies slowly, the last person to ever see him would be the one of his ultimate demise.”  He shot up, sitting straight up again.  “Not that I wouldn’t mind her being the last person to ever see me.”  He winked.  Dara whacked him with a pillow again.  “Ugh.  No one appreciates good humor and wit anymore.  What a shame.”  

Ok Amore sounds a little too much like Keefe Sencen. 

I found myself in a circular grove of cerulean blue grass, the sky was a dark violet and sprinkled with stars.  It felt like a giant world of its own, but closed off, confined.  I could sense a barrier of some sort, containing me to this circular grove.  I looked at the shadows surrounding the edges of the grove.  Shadows… I sensed something in the shadows.  I looked around frantically, wanting to see what it was, but they revealed themselves first.  Slinking out of the shadow woods were creatures, beautiful, majestic, strange creatures.  First, an elk, with horns of glowing pulsing gold, and eyes as black as night but glowing like the sun, stalked, large and powerful, into the grove.  Second, a long python, its coat covering it with strange symbols and marked patterns, eyes a cold dim hazel, slithered powerfully into the grove beside the elk, holding itself up like a human might. Third, a fox with tail and ears aflame, eyes glowing a soft green, bounded into the grove, chasing its own tail and sitting upright down in the grass.  And last, a raven, dark and black, with a strange symbol carved in glowing white upon its forehead, flew into the grove, sitting upon a raised stone.  These four animals, they felt powerful, they felt strange, mystical and mysterious, otherrealmly….

I'll let you interpret that how you wish.

So how'd you guys like the snippets?  Were they good, confusing, feel free to share, and laugh at Amore while you're at it.



Comments

  1. Aww, hang in there Sophie, and don't let stress overtake you! But congrats on finishing NaNo!!! I LOVE the snippets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! School's almost out, and the holidays are here. Freedom here I come!

      Delete
  2. Amore is still adorable.
    And I'm sorry school is stressful, fren! *sends much music and chocolate and cat gifs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment