The Get To Know Me Tag: Writer's Addition!


Look who's alive and can't seem to post things?  Me...

Yeah.. I've got to work on that.  BUT BESIDES THAT!  Nanowrimo is just around the corner, which means I'll be posting snippets!  Amarantha Chronicles are still in the works, Daisy and I need to do some more world building before we release the next chapter.  

And now for the actual post:  The Get To Know Me Tag!  I was tagged by my good friend Lanie from From the Desk of a Dragon

Rules:
1. Link back to the person that created the tag:  Savannah Grace from Inspiring Writes made this
2.  Thank the person who tagged you.  (Thanks Lanie! You're the best!)
3.  Share the tag graphic (got that covered)
4.  Tag eleven people
(Rules can be broken people, don't yell at me when I only do a few bloggers ;-;)

Question Time!

Vital stats / Appearance


(pen)Name:  I've cycled through a lot of nicknames but at the meantime my pen name is Sophie M. 

Nicknames:  Here we go. *Cracks knuckles*  Sophie, Shuffle, Le Sof, Sof, Smol Cinnamon Rol (Yes that's actually what one of my friends calls me), and Thomas (inside joke).  I think.  Most of these are joke nicknames between me and friends.

Birthday:  November 24th!

Hair color and length:  Dark brown with red-ish highlights.  Its cut just a bit above my shoulders.  Its usually either wavy, poofy, fluffy, or any combination of the three.

Eye color:  Brown

Braces/piercings/tattoos:  I have none of these.  I've never pierced my ears, and I don't really want to.  Its just too much to handle and I'm too lazy for that.  I don't really wear jewelry that much so it wouldn't really matter.  No tattoos.  I will have to eventually get braces, but I don't have any at the moment.  

Righty or lefty:  This girl's a righty!  

Ethnicity:  Caucasian.  If we wanted to be specific, I'm mostly Italian, but I have a bunch of other European countries mixed in there.

Firsts

First novel written:  This is a pretty complicated question, I mean, none of my stories have reached the technical word-count for a novel, but my first big writing project was The Code, for my first fall Nanowrimo in 2016.  Since then I've started a bunch of other projects, but I want to go back to those characters and that story eventually.

First novel completed:  Haven't finished any novels, as I said earlier, however I'm currently working on a short story for the Writers of the Future contest.  I won't be submitting this coming deadline (July 1st), I'm going to do the next deadline.  I'll definitely be posting a snippet soon.

Award for writing:   Do Nanowrimo completion awards count?  What about kindergarten creativity awards?  No? Aw okay..

First publication: Not till I've done a few contests, then I'll see about publishing.

Conference:  Uhhhh nope.  Amateur writer here.  

Query/Pitch: Same as the last 2 questions.  

Favorites (You guys know how I feel about doing these things.  I need to bring back monthly favorites...)

Novel (that you wrote):  My favorite novel that I've written/are currently writing would probably be Realmbreaker (2017 Nanowrimo) or Brain Waves (a personal project I've been working on when I feel like it since last year)

Genre:  Fantasy/Sci-Fi.  They're tied.

Author:   Marissa Meyer.  Lunar Chronicles and Renegades have to be two of my favorite series'.  In second place would be Traci Che, as A Sea of Ink and Gold is my second favorite series.

Writing Music:  Whatever pops up on my Spotify.  Lindsey Stirling.  Panic! At the Disco.  Hamilton.  Paramore.  The Mean Girls Musical.  Fall Out Boy.  Marina and the Diamonds.  Coldplay.  Dear Evan Hansen.  Be More Chill.  Heathers (or at least the 4 songs on Spotify) Melanie Martinez.  The songs from all 4 RWBY volumes (the soundtrack for Volume 5 hasn't come on Spotify yet) 
AND MANY OTHERS but those are the major ones.

Time To Write: Whenever I feel like it, or when inspiration hits me like a truck. 

Writing Snack/Drink:  Minute Made Lemonade and whatever I have in the pantry.  Doritos, Klondike Bars, Swiss rolls, I don't exactly have a set snack.

Movie:  My favorite stand-alone movie would have to be Black Panther.  Avatar was my favorite for a LONG time, but it got overruled by Black Panther this year.  My favorite series is......

Are you even going to be surprised?  

STAR WARS!

Writing Memory:  Probably when I got a bunch of my friends to proofread my first few chapters of The Code.  It was awesome getting feedback for my very first story.  

Childhood Book:  Again, are you even surprised?  Harry Potter.  

Currently

Reading:  Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  The movie was AMAZING but the book is too!

Writing:  My short story for the Writers of the Future contest.  Its called The Wrath of Monae Khikkaro.  That's all I'm going to reveal for now.  (K-hick-a-row).  I'm also working on some short stories for a family of characters I have.  They're mainly in role-plays with my friends, but I feel like they need their own stories.  

Listening to: At the exact moment I'm writing this?  Words Fail from the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack.  Its so sad, and not at all the mood I'm actually in.  I'm just getting sad from listening to it.  Darn you Spotify shuffle!

And it just changed.  Now Misery Business by Paramore is on.  I love this sonnngggggg!

Watching:  At the exact moment I'm writing this, I'm not watching anything.  But besides that, I'm rewatching RWBY (with Lanie).  I'm going to be starting Assassination Classroom soon, if any of you are into anime and have seen it.  

Learning:  My parents have me on a math summer program, because I've been having trouble with algebra.  Its boring, and it sucks, but at least I'm getting better.  

Future

Want to be published:  Definitely!  I have so many stories and so many ideas I want to share with the world!

Indie or Traditional:  Most likely traditional.  Its easier to get noticed, or rather, its easier to make a career out of writing when you have a publisher.

Wildest Goal:  I'd love to be a famous author.  Its a dream to have meet n' greets, to see fanart people have made of my characters, to see theories, etc.  I want people to like my stories, I want them to get attached to the characters, I want them to feel emotions, for my stories to make them happy.  

I tag..


Man... wow.. everyone else I know has already been tagged or has deleted their blogs. Soo...
If you or a friend is a blogger, or just wants to do the tag, I tag you.  Because spreading the love is nice.

Yeah.

Anyway, I'm done rambling, I'm going to go eat some ice cream and play some League of Legends.








Comments