April Favorites


Man I haven't done one of these in forever, but I might as well go ahead and do it since Daisy and I are still working on Finch/Amarantha part 2.  
SO HERE WE GO!

Starting with books: 
The Speaker:  the second book in A Sea of Ink and Gold was just as good as The Reader, its first book.  This series has taken a place in my heart, and its now my 2nd favorite book series.  Lunar Chronicles being the first, of course.

Movie:
Ready Player One:  An amazing sci-fi movie with relatable and amazing characters (Shoto is best.  He's the best 11 year old in gaming XD), amazing CG, and absolutely chock-full of pop culture references.  There was Minecraft, Overwatch, Godzilla, Iron Giant, The Shining, and other references that if you got, it was rewarding.  

Of course, there was also 
Infinity War.  I'm not going to talk about it, since it literally came out Thursday and a lot of people still haven't seen it.  I watched it today (as in Sunday).  And I cried.  Almost cried 3 times and then actually cried.  
JUST
DEATH
EMOTIONAL
DEATH
;-;
I'm still not over this.

Honorable Mention:
Black Panther:  The movie's been out for a while, and I didn't see it this month, but I do have to say its overtaken Avatar as my favorite solo movie.  SHURI!

Drink:
Obsessed with Lemonade at the moment.  Its pretty much all I drink.  I don't think this is healthy.  

Video Game(s):

MOBA (Online Battle Arena)
I've been playing League since November of last year, and I can officially say I'm obsessed with it.  I'm a Lux One Trick (just joking, but I do have the most play time with Lux), and I play mostly Mid Lane, but I've been playing a lot of Support recently, with some ADC thrown in there. 

Visual Novel:
Danganronpa! (the entire series)
I started playing Danganronpa 2 with my friend in January.  Since then we've finished the second game, I've been watching playthroughs of the first, binged the Danganronpa 3 anime over Spring Break, and am watching a play through of Danganronpa V3 currently.  Its safe to say I'm obsessed with this fandom.  What I can't access, like the novels, I read about on the wiki so I don't miss out on plot points, same with the plot of Danganronpa Another Episode, Ultra Despair Girls.  Anyway its a very complex and amazing game series, though it has a lot of dark themes.  Like murder.  Death.  More murder.  Brainwashing.  Emotions.  Lots of feels.  Etc.
If you're not sure how to pronounce it, this is how I do it:
(Dahn-Gahn-Rown-Pah)
Like without a wide A, and the Ron isn't like R-Ah-n, like the name, its more like R-O-n, like you make the O sound.  Its weird XD nobody can pronounce it right.

PS4/Consol:
I've had Horizon Zero Dawn since Christmas, and I've completed about a quarter of the entire game.  Its an amazing Open World Adventure that I dove into as soon as I got it.  I play it when I can, though most of the time I can't since I live at my school, and I can't exactly take my PS4 to school.

Music:


So this is complicated.  I binged three musicals during April.  Dear Evan Hansen, Be More Chill, and Heathers.  I'm a fan of Hamilton and Wicked as well, though I listened to those earlier this year/late last year.  Anyway, I love them all!

I think I've done enough favorites for now, I'll probably start doing more of these later on!



Comments