Self image.


You're too fat.
You look to awkward.
Your stomach is too big
Your head and body don't coordinate.
Your shoulders are too broad.

Your jawline is too square

You're not pretty.
You can't make yourself look pretty.

You have too many freckles.
Your lips are too small.

Your hair looks terrible.
Its always frizzy.
It never looks brushed.

You live in the heart of the South, in one of the worst state education rating areas! You'll never be as smart as some people.
You'll never be successful.
Nobody will like your writing.
You'll never finish a book.
You'll have to pursue something else besides writing.

You're not smart enough to get into that secondary school in another state.
You'll do terrible on the SSAT
Nobody will like the way your interview is written.

Nobody will like your blog.
You have 3 followers. Nobody reads your stuff.

You're too immature for your grade.
Nobody in your class likes you.  You're just that kid who skipped a grade that is smart to them.

You aren't as involved in faith as you're supposed to be.
You shouldn't read Tarot.  It's not Christian.


You can't
You aren't
You're not.

--------------------------------

I used to get up, look at myself in the mirror, and think these things.
I used to hate parts of myself.
Now I'll just think,"Yeah Sophie, You PROBABLY should exercise more. It's good for your heart."
But now, here's what I say to these things.

Your body shape doesn't matter.
You are beautiful.

Your face is beautiful.

People say you're pretty. Don't believe that.

I love my freckles.

My hair is awesome!  (Yeah it definitely needs to be trimmed or cut..)
But I love it, long and brown!

You're definitely a smart cookie.
Mmm, I could go for a cookie right about now.

WAIT TILL I PUBLISH THE CODE IN A YEAR OR SO!

PSHH I GOT INTO THAT SCHOOL!! EAT IT PAST ME!

Well.... Thank you Evy, Daisy, and Matthew Phillips for following me! Thank you to anyone else reading my blog or reading this right now!

Well, ask them that past me!  Just because I skipped a grade, it doesn't make me any less mature than people in my current grade.

Hey my Pastor is awesome and I think my faith is strong.
Tarot's fun!  (I don't really believe in it all)

I can.
I am.

You can't tell me whether or not I'm smart or beautiful.
You can't tell me I'm not.  Or I can't.
Because.

I'm beautiful.

Comments

  1. Aww shuffle, you're beautiful!! And amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made this taking opinions I used to think about myself, to what I now think of myself. Past me really was negative, but present me is just LIKE WHO CARES IM AWESOME!

      Delete

Post a Comment